Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Kroger Shopping Trip

I did a little "extreme" couponing yesterday at Kroger.  I hadn't planned on making a trip to town, but I came across some AWESOME coupons for Athenos Feta, which is on sale until today, so I bit the bullet and went.  I also had a rain check for Cheerios from July 4th week when they were $2.19 a box and had coupons that would double to make them $1.19 ea., as well as some other coupons to get some great deals.  Here's what I got, broken down into the 3 transactions...

Transaction 1:
4 Athenos Feta Cheese Crumbles, Reg. $4.49, on sale $2.49 - used B1G1 from Twitter (no longer available) and $1/1 from coupons.com to get them for $0.75 ea. - AWESOME PRICE!!!

10 Kettle Chips, Mega sale $1.99 - used $1/1 coupons to get them for $0.99 ea.

1 Gallon whole milk, $3.88

1 Gallon skim milk, $3.88

14 Ronzoni Garden Delights pastas, $0.99 - used $1/1 coupons to get them FREE

10 Crayola 24-ct. Crayons, $0.25 ea (limit 10)

8 Cheerios (14 oz., yellow box), $3.39 - used raincheck and $0.50/1 coupons to make them $1.19 ea.

Total after coupons: $35.33 (72% Savings)

Transaction 2:
8 Cheerios (14 oz.,  yellow box), $3.39 - used raincheck and $0.50/1 coupons to make them $1.19 ea.

Total after coupons: $10.06 (45% Savings)

Transaction 3:
5 Cheerios (14 oz., yellow box), $3.39 - used raincheck and $0.50/1 coupons to make them $1.19 ea.

Total after coupons: $6.29 (45% Savings)

I also received, after each transaction, a catalina coupon for $2 off any 5 General Mills Big G cereals including: Basic 4, Cheerios (any), Chex (any), Fiber One (any), Oatmeal Crisp (any), Raisin Nut Bran, Total (any), Wheaties, Honey Nut Clusters.

Some people may think I'm crazy to buy 21 boxes of Cheerios, 10 bags of Kettle chips, and 14 boxes of pasta in one shopping trip. But if you knew how my kids go through cereal - eaten mostly dry as snacks - how often we cook out  or eat sandwiches (chips as a side), and that we eat pasta at least once a week, you wouldn't think I was so crazy.  I am careful to only stockpile things we will use so that nothing goes to waste.  I am also able to donate items when the school has a food drive and help out friends if the need arises.  And it makes me feel good to know that I won't have to run to the store and make an unplanned shopping trip to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment