Tuesday, June 21, 2011

How I Get Good Deals at Kroger...

I thought I'd take a break from normal posts and give you something more personal.  People have asked me how I get so many good deals at Kroger.  I'll tell you how...


Long before I started blogging, I began following several other blogs in various parts of the country.  It was the only way I found my deals, as there wasn't anyone "local" for me to follow.  I've been following some for at least 2 1/2 years (the amount of time I've been couponing).  I began to notice that several other blogs' match-ups for the same stores we have locally are very close to the prices/deals that we end up getting here. So, I did what any savvy shopper would do...I started making the most of the information I was getting.


Each week, I look at those blogs' match-ups on Sunday since their Kroger ads run Sunday to Saturday (ours here run Wednesday to Tuesday). If there are any REALLY good deals on something we need or will use (i.e., FREE or very close to free with coupon) I go ahead and "order" my coupons on Sunday from CouponDede or eBay, if I don't have them already, and then I usually have them by Wednesday or Thursday at the latest.  This way, I'm ahead of the local "shelf-clearing" peeps and am able to snag the deals early in the sale.  And since coupons are regional, I'm usually able to get really good coupons - often better values than we get here - by the time the sale starts here.


I can't tell you how many times other customers and cashiers at Kroger, Target, or Wal-Mart have asked me where I get my coupons or how I save so much....now you know.   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment