Saturday, June 11, 2011

My Hays Triple Coupon Trip Today

Let me just say that the Hays at 402 E. Kings Highway in Paragould ROCKS!!! Unlike the Nettleton Hays location, they let me use (and tripled) all of the coupons I had in one transaction. What a time saver! Not to mention a whole lot less stressful than having to get one "like" item and triple the one "like" coupon per "visit", take it to my car, go back in and get another one and get in line again...

Ok. So, here's what I got.


Ragu: 5 spaghetti sauces and 5 alfredo - Sale priced at $1.67 ea. I used a $0.50/1 coupon on each, which all tripled, making each jar $0.17.

Mahatma Rice: 13 pkgs (1 lb) brown rice and 8 pkgs (1 lb) long grain rice - Brown rice was $1.45 ea and the long grain rice was $1.19.  I used a $0.50/1 coupon on each, which tripled up to the price of each item, making them all FREE.

Sister Schubert's: 2 pkgs. wheat yeast rolls and 2 pkgs. Parker house rolls - Wheat rolls were $3 ea. and the Parker house rolls were $2.99.  I used $0.50/1 coupons for each of them making them $1.50 and $1.49 respectively.

Best Choice Sugar: 3-day sale priced at $1.88 for a 4-lb bag.  I got 2 of them (it was limit 2).

Kids' Sunglasses: They were $1 each.  With the way the kids lose sunglasses (and Chloe uses them to play dress-up) these were a bargain! I just took the tags off one pair for Chloe to wear, and the price on the tag was $8.99 a pair. That's an amazing savings of $7.99 per pair!!

Total before coupons: $84 and change
Total after coupons and tax: $21.51
Total savings: 78%

I'm not sure Hays will ever do a triple coupon event again, but I sure hope they do.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment