Friday, June 10, 2011

My Target shopping trip today

Chloe was "nice enough" to let me make a Target trip after Wal-Mart, so I went in loaded with an awesome plan and coupons for some deals. I wasn't able to get everything - clearance stuff was GONE - but I did get some awesome deals.





Venus razors $4.99 ea.- Get a $5 gift card wyb 2. I also had some $2/1 coupons to use on each razor, so I rolled that deal a few times, which made the next transactions of razors $0.70 ea after tax.  :)

Up and Up ibuprofen $0.99 - used $1/1 Target coupon to get that free

Reduced Fat Cheez-Its (family pack) - Clearance priced at $2.08 - I didn't have a coupon, but that's a GREAT price.

Sally Hansen nail polish $1.93 ea. - Used $0.50/1 internet manufacturer coupon and stacked with $1/1 Target printed coupon to make each one $0.43.

Aveeno Active Naturals Continuous Protection Sunblock Spray SPF 70 - $8.99 - Used a $1.50/1 manufacturer coupon and stacked it with a $1/1 Target printed coupon for a final price of $6.49.

Suggestion:  If you're going to use a bunch of coupons at Target, keep them organized.  When I put the items in my cart, I take the coupons out of my binder and put them in my pocket - hence keeping all "like" coupons together.  Then, when you get to checkout, you can hand them to the cashier - like coupons together.  I had Ms. Marcia today at checkout...she is AWESOME!!  She said she didn't mind the multiple transactions I did at all because I was very organized with my coupons and didn't just hand her a messy stack of them.

And please take note of my mental mistake. When you're doing gift card deals and will be rolling them, be sure if you have other non-gift card items that you save those for LAST so that you can have less OOP. I stupidly put all of mine in the first transaction. Yes, I have a $5 gift card to use on my next trip. However, I'd have much rather spent $5 less OOP today...oh well.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment